Wednesday, February 09, 2005

1st Day of New Year

The 1st day of new year! Also known as "Chu yi". Woke up pretty late today about 1030 am, dunno why I was feeling so tired last nite. Hmmmmm nice to sleep................
Anyway dressed up and went to my Father's relatives to "Bai Nian" and of course receieving hong baos! Well it's pretty much the same every year now that I'm grown up, go there sit, talk and eat.

Then back home to rest for a while before heading to my Grandmother's home which is my mom's side family. HAha same thing sit and watch television plus eating BAK GUA!!!. My favourite! All my cousin are now grown up and not playful anymore, so nothing to play. Plus my Aunt didn't bring her new puppy for me to play. I have one cousin who seems to let vainity get the better of him. Well he's very vain, he always make sure that he's very well dressed wherever he goes. He could take as long as a few hours just to get dressed! Well we think he's turning gay! It's like a 360 degrees change after his 'O' levels! Outrageous coloured hair, manicured nails? AND he wears EARRINGS!!!! Well this year is quite a shocker. A cock styled hair with tuffs of green hairs! Is this the fashion of today? Actually I'm really amazed with guys with hairs defying gravity! How did they do it? NASA should consult them on anti-gravity hair dos instead of spending millions of dollars trying to get a ballpoint pen to work in space. Well we kids tend to get a bit adventurous after our 'O' levels but he's abit far fetched.
Well at least that time was showing this HK movie called "Feel 100% 2003 version". Well it does keep me glued watching it as the relationship between 2 male actors and a few female actors is just sooo confusing. They kept exchanging partners!!! But the girls are soooo pretty...... Just when I was about to doze off, Yanru called to wish me happy new year! So sweet yar. Guess she was bored at home hahahaha.

In the night we had our "Yu Sheng" and Steamboat but the kids didn't eat much at all, they are just stuck to the google box. New year spirit seems to dwindle when we grow up. In the end I'm always the one finishing the food left. There was pork, chicken, fish, fishballs, I just love eating fish! And tomorrow there will be more fish for me to eat! My aunt always told me that the fish liver is the most valuable stuff in the new year fish, which makes it quite expensive. Dunno what fish is it but seems that I only get to eat it during chinese new year.

No comments: