My trip to vietnam was a short one as I planned the duration which is enough for my budget which is about $500(An extremely low one!). As it was my first time on a trip alone, so this was just a tryout as I wanted to visit Vietnam for a very long time. I bought the tickets during the busiest school schedule so I did not have enough time to research what are the places to go in Vietnam, just whacked about 5 days of trip from 13 to 17 December. Before that, I consulted my "Tong Shu planner" to check which dates were suitable or you could say "lucky" for flying and I chose 13 and 17 for flying as both were good days for fruitful trip. Indeed, I had a wonderful trip there. So therefore I guess choosing a good date to fly is quite important!
Reached the airport in the night, there is a money changer there so you can change your money into Vietnam Dong. I followed a friend home and did a homestay in Hanoi. She was picked up by her dad and we took a taxi home. Heard about cheating stories about taxis in Vietnam and my friend told me this is quite true. So therefore be careful when taking a taxi, make sure that there is a meter running. One of the people I met told me there are some taxis in Hanoi which are more reliable but I forgot which ones were they.
Had a welcome dinner by their family in the shophouse. Hanoi's streets are small and narrow and the traffic was just a killer. Many have motorbikes cause of the narrow streets and they can weave through the traffic during jams.
The weather there was still quite cool and normal during that time. Stayed at my friend's home for the night. More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment