Saturday, July 18, 2009

Asian Investment Fair

Went to the Asian Investment Fair at Suntec today, cause they are holding a series of seminars educating about investment and talking about the current economy and what to expect about the upcoming future. Well, there's quite a few companies like Capitaland and Wilmar which you can talk to the people and find out more about their companies. Then there are a number of investment companies and trading account companies which you can approach to open a trading account. Went there about 3 pm jumping from seminar to seminar. There's quite a huge number of people in the seminar rooms that there is not enough space for people to squeeze in. People were spilling out in some seminars! Most of the people there were middle aged couples, grey haired, balding old men, aunties and spinsters, though there were some young people around. I think we still need to be financially educated no matter how young we are. I guess young guys and girls rather spend their money on material things rather than learn about investment and making money. Or is it we are just too poor to start buying stocks? I had to agree stocks are expensive, imagine just having to starve and save for a few months (which I did) just to buy a single cheap stock. Anyway, I like the free gifts! Got a notebook and this GOLD bag! I love the gold bag, it's so...........GOLD!!!

No comments: