Saturday, November 03, 2007

Donutty Singapore

Donut crazy is in Singapore. Donut shops are seen popping up everywhere in Singapore just like the fad of bubble teas. Ever since the first Donut Factory popped up in Raffles City Shopping Centre, Singaporeans are crazy for these sweet tasting donuts. No longer the normal donuts having just plain, sugar or chocolate coating, these donuts come in various varieties like dark chocolate, peanut butter, and other sweet tasting coating that they can come up with. And they are getting more and more colourful. Soon, women in Singapore are going to become a "donut" if they keep eating these high calories stuff while shouting I WANNA GO ON A DIET!!
Anyway after the Donut Factory, there are other donut shops popping up selling the same stuff or even more attractive shapes and sizes that make girls go "KAWAII!!" I tried these donuts and I'll say they are indeed delicious but nothing special. The donuts are even smaller than the usual size. But I guess it suits the bite size of a girl.

Dad bought some donuts today from some new donut shop, the design is attractive and slightly different from the normal donuts. Competition is intense. They are soon coming up with new designs and products to attract customers. I wonder how long will this craze die out. Will it be the same fate as the once popular bubble tea? Probably so, but I bet it will last longer than bubble tea's bubble dream.


Different varieties


The shop these donuts came from

No comments: