Monday, January 23, 2006

Memoirs of A Geisha



Watched this highly anticipated movie on Saturday night with Neil. The movie is good but I guess it can be better cause other than the beautiful scenes and story on the transformation from the young Chiyo to the beautiful geisha Sayuri. I have not read the book by the way but I'm sure they tried to follow the details as closely to the book as possible. However the bad points are the casts, Zhang Ziyi doesn't have the factor that makes the audience believe that she's Sayuri. The feeling is very different once we got to see the young Sayuri and the grown up Sayuri. Nope don't fit at all. In fact I prefer the young Sayuri where you can feel the saddness in her especially those sad blue eyes. Second, they are speaking in English! It's totally weird!! I just can't take it. It's like watching a Japanese Anime Dubbed in English! I'll prefer they speak in Japanese, it's more fitting to the culture. Overall 7/10 stars!

Just finished my duty on Sunday. Other than the boring and tiring day in camp, we got raided by monkeys! Hell they sneaked into our dining area and started stealing food from our garbage. Caught one BIG monkey (about half my height if it stands up) red handed when it was walking out, then I stomped my foot and try to scare it away. It didn't even budge, it just stared at me. Looking how big this monkey is, I didn't try out more scare tatics in case it decided to jump and attack me. After my prowl is over, came back into my bunk and found monkey shit on my bed!! ARGGG!!! HOW DID THOSE MONKEYS GOT INTO THE BUNK!!! Must be those monkeys exacting revenge on me by leaving 'gold' pieces on my bed only! ARGG got rid of the shit and changed bed just to be safe.. Luckily no more monkeys shitting in the night.

No comments: