Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Shanghai Nights

OK I guess I have a little time today to update my blog. (Hurray!) I'm kind of missing the times in Shanghai especially the food. So sharing to you about some more photos about shanghai.

One of the beautiful things about shanghai is the night life. Well I don't mean clubbing, although clubbing is said to be great in Shanghai, but I did not go clubbing there cause well, got gf already so no more clubbing nights. So, during the free time after sun down, my friends and I decided to go out for some good dinner and explore the night Shanghai. We took the subway and we saw this:
The station had no doors! That's pretty scary as you could just push someone while the train is approaching. We got on the train and it was very similar to our MRT, probably because most of Shanghai's infrastructure is based on Singapore design. Just that most of the time, it has a stinky smell. Peak periods is packed full of people and you do really need to fight your way in or out. Forget about courtesy during the peak period, do what China do. It's really fun pushing your way through.

We got to the Shanghai's central area, People's Square for a simple but delicious meal of noodles. Then we walked around till we reached part of old Shanghai. Beautiful lights!
It's like orchard road here with many people walking for dinner or shopping.
People here have their dinner real early at about 6 pm, so some of the more famous eateries have their food sold out even before their closing time of 9 pm.

Finally our last stop is The Bund which is the iconic postcard of Shanghai, the view of the city opposite the sea. Nice. It's kind of like the Victoria Harbour of Hong Kong. The buiilding on the left is the tallest building in Shanghai.

No comments: