Sunday, September 30, 2007
Uprising in Myanmar
If you have been reading about the monks protests in Myanmar, and later snowballed to public unrest. If you have read about it's military killing citizens like crazy. Myanmar is going through a lot of unrest these few days. The citizens want to overthrow the government. I felt that it's time that Myanmar to undergo a reform. From reading and stories from my friend who was from Myanmar, the government there is corrupted, spending all their riches while letting it's citizens to suffer in poverty. And what is even more appalling from who my friend told me is that the government do not want the citizens to have a decent education. It tried means and ways to prevent it's people to go on to higher studies. It wanted it's people to be stupid, so they cannot scheme to overthrow the government. How scary is that not to have a decent education, it's no wonder that the country is poor. I don't know who will win in the end, but I support for a new reform for Myanmar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment