Friday, July 13, 2007

Busy Month of July

This month of July will be my busiest month after working in OCBC. Before that I thought July will be the time for me to take a break before heading on to University, since I got the most suckiest job in my life working with OCBC which have to work everyday (Monday to Sunday) and being paid $6 per hour. But at least the working with other people who had the same fate as me was fun.
To update you guys, I have been attending lessons and taking financial & insurance tests for a job as Financial Advisor. With so little time I have to study thick books within a few days and pass the tests for the job. Crazy! Next week will be lessons everyday. Still more tests to come. After that I'm qualified to give investment advice to people. As you may know that banks interests are extremely low, and their fixed deposits don't give much interests at all. So sometime in our life we need to invest to grow our money. Guys like me, not young anymore, after 2 years of NS, after graduating from NTU with a degree, it shudders me that what I'll earn is almost the same as what a female degree holder will earn when she is just sweet 21. 4 years to get my degree in Biological Sciences. I'll be 27. 27 and just started working as a fresh graduate? It's quite of a laughing stock. You have only 38 years to earn as much income as possible before you retire. I want to be successful when I'm 30, I'm sure many will want to do that also. Still a degree is a must. Knowledge is power.
Right now I'm still sitting at the crossroads wondering where my path will lead me to happiness, growth and wealth. Will I be a potential Nobel Prize researcher or a successful Financial Advisor? It's so hard so hard...

4 comments:

Piglet & Bamboo said...

Oh yeah, guys always lose out ... I wanna invest too, not confident of being an Engineer *bleah*, try taking a Minor in Business if you can in NTU, don't waste time. Any good lobang can call me along haha.. Take care!

nayR said...

haha why not take minor in entrepreneurship loh! lol

anw, did i say u sound like me a year ago! lol

Piglet & Bamboo said...

How to say ne? Hmm.. if I got time in Uni will be taking some minors also. Sianz see not much future ahead *signz*

Unknown said...

Yo dun have to worry, Engineers are always in demand... and pay is at least 3K.